When visiting the Georgia Sea Turtle Center (GSTC), guests often fall in love with these amazing reptiles swimming in the tanks. And that love doesn’t have to end just because the trip is over!
Guests can symbolically adopt sea turtle patients from the Center to stay in the know about the animal’s health and recovery progress. All proceeds from the symbolic adoption program helps to offset operational costs like food and medicine. Every dollar counts!
For a $50 donation – Adoptive Parents Receive*:
Personalized electronic certificate of adoption
A letter about your turtle
An official adoption photo of your turtle (digital)
Monthly updates via email, including a recent photo of your adopted turtle
Email notification of public GSTC release dates within the adoption period when available. (Release dates are subject to change without notice at any time.)
*Please note that all adoption materials are electronic documents sent via email.
Since introducing this program in 2008, the staff at the GSTC have been overwhelmed by the enthusiastic support from interested adoptive parents. To date, more than 10,000 guests have adopted patients in the program, many traveling to the center to visit their patient or witness its release.
Adoption updates are shared through Constant Contact, a web-based email service. We are excited to share Adopt-a-Sea Turtle news, including photos and occasional video links. Please do not unsubscribe, as these messages are not spam. Check your Junk Mail or Spam folders to be sure you are able to receive messages from email@example.com. Updates will appear in your inbox from “Georgia Sea Turtle Center.”
For specific questions about the Adopt-a-Sea-Turtle program, please contact the Education Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of our current adoptable
patients, click here
Allow 2-4 weeks for processing and delivery of materials. We make every effort to provide advance notice by email of patient release when it becomes available.
You can follow the progress of any sea turtle nest on Jekyll Island by adopting it! Your generosity will help ensure the continued monitoring and research of Jekyll Island’s sea turtle nests.
What’s included in the Adopt-a-Nest Package? With your $75 purchase you will receive personal email updates to include:
- Personalized Certificate of Adoption (electronic)
- A welcome email with sea turtle facts and a link to view a photo of your nest
- A report about your nest and its success after it has been excavated (inventoried)
- After Jekyll Island’s last nest has hatched (usually in October) you will receive a summary of the nesting and hatching season
- Updates on any upcoming GSTC Public Releases
- 20% discount code to use in the Georgia Sea Turtle Center’s online store
*Please note that all Adopt-a-Nest materials are sent electronically; there will be nothing mailed via the postal service
Important Information about Adopting a Nest:
- Any incubating nest can be tracked between May – August, depending on when turtles begin and end their nesting season.
- Due to a variety of natural causes, some sea turtle nests do not hatch. While we hope your nest hatches, we cannot guarantee its success.
- Please allow 2-4 weeks processing time to receive your electronic adoption package via email.
For the latest nest count on Jekyll Island, please visit seaturtle.org!
Note that many people can track the same nest.
For questions about Adopt-a-Nest, contact us at email@example.com or call (912) 635-4141.
To adopt a nest, click here!